Grant Pattingale, Registered Piano Technician
Grant Pattingale RPT, is a certified Craftsman Member of the Piano Technicians Guild. He has over 30 years experience as a piano tecnician: tuning pianos, rebuilding pianos, as well as countless other repairs and reconditioning of pianos.
In 1981 Grant Pattingale was certified as a Craftsman Member of the Piano Technicians Guild. In the spring of 1992 he moved from Ottawa to Smiths Falls and set up his business selling and servicing pianos. His business includes tuning all types of pianos, as well as rebuilding and restoring older instruments. .
He believes that, first of all, it is extremely important to identify the musical interests of the customer. Once you know the needs of the customer, then you can determine the best way to meet those needs. Usually, a well maintained piano will only need regular tuning, with periodic additional regulation.
If there is a situation where the instrument is not serving adequately, he will make recommendations. There are occasions when action regulation or hammer voicing can transform a piano from an instrument that is totally unsatisfactory to an instrument that meets the needs of the owner very well.
As a technician he might advise upgrading an existing instrument, if that is the most cost effective way to meet the customer’s requirements. If purchasing a new or rebuilt piano, it is important to determine the way the piano will be used, to determine which instrument would best suit the situation. His many years of experience can help you with these important decisions.
there are a few pages providing additional information on piano rebuilding, piano reconditioning, how to care for your piano and pitch raising and the benefits of music for children.
The regular service area extends from Brockville to Pakenham and West Port to Kemptville and Ottawa. The piano tuning fee is competitive with local rates and there is not any mileage fee unless the distance exceeds the usual service area.
If you are looking to purchase a piano privately, he can evaluate the piano to see if it will meet your musical requirements.
For any further information call 613-284-8333 or
1-877-PIANO4U (1-877-742-6648) or email email@example.com
- Piano Care Maintaining your instrument by piano tuning and piano service
- A discussion of piano care provided by the PTG on piano maintenance.
- Piano Tuning Why is piano tuning necessary?
- A piano tuning discussion on why a piano goes out of tune and why the pitch changes.
- Piano Rebuilding
- A discussion on piano rebuilding or piano reconditioning and information about what is involved with both procedures.
- Piano Repairs A discussion of piano servicing by Grant Pattingale RPT
- A discussion of piano repairs by Grant Pattingale RPT during his more than 30 years of piano service.
- Piano For Sale
- As a piano technician, I periodically have a rebuilt or reconditioned grand piano for sale and the occasional upright piano available. However, none a present.
- Piano Lessons
- How piano lessons help children with other academic subjects.
- Piano and Humidity How humidity effects piano tuning
- A discussion on humidity and how it makes your piano go out of tune.
- Buying a Piano Things you should look for when purchasing a piano.
- This article provides some facts about buying a piano.
- Resources Links For piano servicing and other music related interests
- resources links is set aside to provide piano and music information to individuals visiting this site.
- Contact Us About piano tuning or piano repair
- Contact Us. Contact Grant Pattingale for piano tuning
- placeholder g
- placeholder g
- MicroFiber Cloth
- Try the incredible KD Cloth. You just wet, wring it out and use it for cleaning. No soap or other chemicals with this micro fiber cloth. The very fine micro fibers do the cleaning. Just $8